Northwest Technical Institute is a small, private technical college located on the southeast side of the Twin Cities metropolitan area of Minneapolis and St. Paul. We offer small class sizes, industry experienced instructors, and a unique educational approach to people wanting careers in drafting, design, and CADD.
The new mechanical engineering technology degree, along with our drafting and design programs, are now part of Globe University NTI School of Technology. You can now benefit from Northwest Technical Institute’s nearly 60 years of technical education experience—and Globe University’s long history of career-focused training, multiple campuses and online learning options.
Accreditation and Recognitions
- NTI was established as a private drafting school in 1957
- Authorized to grant the Specialized Associate of Science Degree in 1973 and the Associate in Applied Science (AAS) degree in 2008.
- Accredited by Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC, Arlington, VA).
- Recognized as an Institution of Higher Learning pursuant to Title 38, U.S. Code, Section 1652 (f)(g).
- Member, Minnesota Career College Association (MCCA).
- Programs approved by the Minnesota State Approval Agency to offer VA educational benefits to eligible veterans and eligible dependents of deceased or disabled veterans.
Annual Department of Education disclosure information can be found on the Globe University website on each specific degree page.